• Something VERY strange is happening with foreign airlines today...

• Russian hacker
      • Re: Something VERY strange is happening with foreign airlines today...
        Posted 03/20/2017 02:41 PM - Hide
      • How the fuck does this work when lithium batteries are not allowed in luggage?
          [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
      • Russian hacker
        Posted 03/20/2017 02:42 PM - Hide
      • i be happy to unload yer luggagez into my pockets
        \
        :mammy:
      • Russian hacker
        Posted 03/20/2017 02:57 PM - Hide
      • Newsflash: WHO GIVES A SHIT
        \
        :nigel:
      •   [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
      • Russian hacker
        Posted 03/21/2017 12:33 AM - Hide
      • Wonder what kind of chatter triggered this
      • Russian hacker
        Posted 03/21/2017 12:40 AM - Hide
      • . posted:
        i be happy to unload yer luggagez into my pockets
        \
        :mammy:

This. I checked a Shuttle XPC once and the box came out empty at baggage claim. Luckily it was a work computer so I didn't really care, but it fucked up the demo I was supposed to do.
      • Russian hacker
        Posted 03/21/2017 12:42 AM - Hide
      • . posted:
        How the fuck does this work when lithium batteries are not allowed in luggage?

Checkmate!!

:cheney:
      • Russian hacker
        Posted 03/21/2017 12:46 AM - Hide
      • . posted:
        Wonder what kind of chatter triggered this

probably because iphones and ipads can now be used as detonators.
      • Russian hacker
        Posted 03/21/2017 12:49 AM - Hide
      • http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39333424

US to ban laptops and tablets on flights from eight countries

The US is banning electronic devices such as laptops and tablets from cabin baggage on flights from eight Middle Eastern and North African countries.
        A US government source told the BBC that the measure would affect nine airlines operating out of 10 airports.
        US media reported the order was sparked by intelligence gathered overseas.
        It will reportedly include all large electronic devices such as laptops, tablets cameras, DVD players and electronic games.
        But mobile phones and smartphones will still be allowed in carry-on luggage.
        The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) declined to comment on the issue but is expected to make an announcement on Tuesday.
        A matter of trust - James Cook, BBC North America correspondent
        Last February an aircraft operated by the Dubai-based carrier Daallo was damaged by an explosion shortly after take-off from the Somali capital, Mogadishu.
        Investigators said a passenger who was sucked out of the plane had been carrying a laptop bomb. The pilot managed to land and the alleged bomber was the only fatality. Had the device gone off at cruising altitude the plane would almost certainly have been destroyed.
        The Islamic militant group al-Shabab, which is linked to al-Qaeda, claimed that it was responsible and the possibility of further such attacks is apparently what is now concerning American spies.
        But, as ever with matters of intelligence, officials are reluctant to go into detail about exactly why the ban is being proposed.
        That means travellers being asked to trust the US government when it says that this inconvenience is vital for their own safety and - at present - trust is a commodity which is in very short supply.
        What happened in Somali plane bomb?
        The Transportation Security Administration, which is part of Homeland Security, also refused to comment.
        It is unclear which airlines would fall under the ban and how long it will be in place.
        But Royal Jordanian Airlines tweeted on Monday that it would ban passengers from carrying on most electronics to and from its North American flights, CNN first reported.
        The tweet was later deleted.
        Pre-checking sign at airport in New YorkImage copyrightGETTY IMAGES
        The Jordan-based carrier said that starting on Tuesday, it will only allow phones and medical devices on its flights. All other electronics would be "strictly prohibited".
        The airline said that laptops, tablets, DVD players and electronic games must be checked with baggage.
        The new rule will affect Royal Jordanian flights to New York, Chicago, Detroit and Montreal.
        Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly reportedly called congressional lawmakers over the weekend to explain the travel security issues that prompted the electronics ban, a congressional aide briefed on the discussion told the AP news agency.
        The new ban has been under consideration for several weeks, according to US media.
      • Russian hacker
        Posted 03/21/2017 12:51 AM - Hide
      • Those checked luggage are handled very aggressively, thrown around everywhere. Good chance your laptop or other device will be broken by the time you reach your destination unless it's packaged very carefully (covered with clothes etc.)
      • Russian hacker
        Posted 03/21/2017 01:06 AM - Hide
      • . posted:
        probably because iphones and ipads can now be used as detonators.

One report I read stated they could take phones on board, just not laptops or tablets
      • Russian hacker
        Posted 03/21/2017 01:09 AM - Hide
      • Makes me wonder if they are trying to prevent a hacking into the aircraft.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/17/us/fbi-hacker-flight-computer-systems/

*snip*

posted:
        Roberts said he used a modified Ethernet cable to connect his laptop to an electronic box underneath his seat that controls the entertainment system. From there, he hacked into the airplane's computer nerve center, the document cites Roberts as telling the FBI.
      • Russian hacker
        Posted 03/21/2017 01:14 AM - Hide
      • Anything that can be done with a laptop can also be done with a phone and they are allowing phones, doesn't make sense.
      • Russian hacker
        Posted 03/21/2017 01:19 AM - Hide
      • . posted:
        Anything that can be done with a laptop can also be done with a phone and they are allowing phones, doesn't make sense.

I dunno if phones are that sophisticated yet, are they? Me=tard
      • Russian hacker
        Posted 03/21/2017 01:22 AM - Hide
      • . posted:
        I dunno if phones are that sophisticated yet, are they? Me=tard

Phones have sophisticated CPUs and lots of memory. But not all the great hacking tools have been ported to Android and phones do lack an Ethernet port. So I would say they are safer, not perfectly safe.
      • Join the discussion - There is no registration required!

Name: (Optional)
      Save
      Photo: (Optional)

If you want to embed media, just paste YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Liveleak, Imgur (IMAGE or GIFV) links and they'll auto embed.